Ashley Clark

Question

If a facility cancels you last minute, its ok for them to do, but if we do it we get a 2 week ban? Thats ridiculous. I had a facility cancel my shifts today for a few hours from now, stating they filled it in house. Ok, but if I had done that to them, I'd be on a 2 week ban. Of course they can get away with it and no consequences for them, meanwhile I'm missing an entire nights work because I don't have anything open last minute to pick up. It's as inconvenient for me to plan to work over night and now I'm short an entire shift for the week and either have to take the pay cut or make it up. This has happened to others I know, one drove over an hour from where we live to be cancelled when she got there. This isn't acceptable at all and there should be some recourse for us. We spend our time and fuel to go to these places and fill their deficiencies, and they wonder why they can't keep appropriately staffed?

I go to this place frequently, they call me at all hours to come cover shifts for them and I do. I told them today not to bother calling me to come cover down if they can't have the decency to not cancel a scheduled shift on me last minute.

• Like 3

9 answers to this question

I do agree. I noticed a facility here in Aurora Colorado uses agency as a place holder and let's there staff pick up that shift as long as it's 4 hours before the shift starts. It was an okay place to work but after knowing how they do business I will never pick up there.

There should be some protections in place,so facilities don't cancel us. Just like when we cancel we can't use the app to pick up shifts it should go both ways.

• Like 2

Hi @Ashley Clark and @LM LPN! We do have policies in place for both sides of the marketplace. Similar to being frozen, facilities do receive a penalty for canceling shifts, especially last minute. If you have repeated issues with the same facility, feel free to reach out to me personally and we can better investigate a facility's behavior. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2022 at 8:11 AM, Krishna Floisand said:

Hi @Ashley Clark and @LM LPN! We do have policies in place for both sides of the marketplace. Similar to being frozen, facilities do receive a penalty for canceling shifts, especially last minute. If you have repeated issues with the same facility, feel free to reach out to me personally and we can better investigate a facility's behavior. 

This isn't the first time they've done that. Similar to the other respondent, they use agency as a place holder and offer it to core staff, and if core staff will pick it up, we get dumped. 

This facility cancelled 2 shifts on me last week. Two shifts that I requested in advance several days, one they cancelled the day before, the other only hours before the start of the shift. I asked if there was a reason they cancelled me via text and I was told "We got core staff to cover it".

Well, when they do that, they take away money from me because I could have worked for someone else.

On 9/13/2022 at 3:38 PM, Ashley Clark said:

If a facility cancels you last minute, its ok for them to do, but if we do it we get a 2 week ban? Thats ridiculous. I had a facility cancel my shifts today for a few hours from now, stating they filled it in house. Ok, but if I had done that to them, I'd be on a 2 week ban. Of course they can get away with it and no consequences for them, meanwhile I'm missing an entire nights work because I don't have anything open last minute to pick up. It's as inconvenient for me to plan to work over night and now I'm short an entire shift for the week and either have to take the pay cut or make it up. This has happened to others I know, one drove over an hour from where we live to be cancelled when she got there. This isn't acceptable at all and there should be some recourse for us. We spend our time and fuel to go to these places and fill their deficiencies, and they wonder why they can't keep appropriately staffed?

I go to this place frequently, they call me at all hours to come cover shifts for them and I do. I told them today not to bother calling me to come cover down if they can't have the decency to not cancel a scheduled shift on me last minute.

I totally understand where you are coming from a this happened to me. I was actually in the parking lot and even checked in on the app. 2 mintues later I get canceled when I'm getting ready to walk in the door. Called Nursa to verify and they confined I had been canceled. The representative ,not very much help suggested that I try to pick up a shift at a different facility. That was not possible as it was already 15min until the next shift starting time and it was smack dab in the middle of rush hour and it takes a minimum of  75min to drive to a different location from wherevI was. Not to mention there were no more shifts available at this point.

On 9/13/2022 at 3:38 PM, Ashley Clark said:

On 9/15/2022 at 6:11 AM, Krishna Floisand said:

This is definitely a major issue. I just recently started with Nursa and I have already been able to access the behavior of a specific facility after they canceled me while at the facility. This facility apparently trays to manipulate the app. 1 by REMOVING a clinicians then the shift gets reposted and then at that point they will put CANCELED.  It seems like there need to be more quality assurance monitoring taking place on the Nursa side. Also,from my understanding they do have to pay a $99 cancellation fee if cancellation takes place within 2hrs of shift start. However,that fee is not issued to the Clinicians.

@Krishna Floisand @Ashley ClarkThis is definitely a major issue. I just recently started with Nursa and I have already been able to access the behavior of a specific facility after they canceled me while at the facility. This facility apparently trays to manipulate the app. 1 by REMOVING a clinicians then the shift gets reposted and then at that point they will put CANCELED.  It seems like there need to be more quality assurance monitoring taking place on the Nursa side. Also,from my understanding they do have to pay a $99 cancellation fee if cancellation takes place within 2hrs of shift start. However,that fee is not issued to the Clinicians.

Edited by pshepard13

@Ashley ClarkI totally understand where you are coming from a this happened to me. I was actually in the parking lot and even checked in on the app. 2 mintues later I get canceled when I'm getting ready to walk in the door. Called Nursa to verify and they confined I had been canceled. The representative ,not very much help suggested that I try to pick up a shift at a different facility. That was not possible as it was already 15min until the next shift starting time and it was smack dab in the middle of rush hour and it takes a minimum of  75min to drive to a different location from wherevI was. Not to mention there were no more shifts available at this point.

This is my list of places I noticed use agency as place holders with a high cancel rate: advanced healthcare Aurora Colorado. Lifecare of Littleton in Littleton Colorado (this shift was picked up day before shift started). I will continue a list of anyone has any places they know of in Colorado please reach out. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 6:11 AM, Krishna Floisand said:

well I was scheduled for two shifts at Avamere one ob 11/18 and one on 11/25 and they cancelled both on me. I’m new here and I’m not very hopeful of being able to keep shifts..  ☹️