How do you feel about the new twice-weekly pay feature?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the new twice-weekly pay feature?

• I love it!
    • Doesn't matter to me, as long as I get paid
    • I prefer the old way (once weekly pay)
    • I prefer waiting for daily pay
    • I just want a choice in how I will get paid that week

I’m new to nursa. Since being on nursa I’ve requested so many different positions as a CNA that were available 3 and 4 days prior. The day of my shifts I receive a notification saying my shift is already filled. Then an hour before that scheduled shift. I’m asked if I am still available to work the shift. (No, because once I was told filled. I went to my day job for work).Which shows someone the facility gave the position to they called in.  I’m having a hard time understanding this. It seems to be a bit unprofessional and misleading. This should be a first come first serve situation. I am so grateful that I did not leave my day job to become an continuous employee with nursa because I would be without work due to the fact of the facilities having their favorite  picks on staff. Which apparently their favorite picks don’t even show up for work. I chose to sign up for nursa because I’m currently working in the hospital 3 days of the week and its 12 hr shifts Doing overtime would be a bit much. Nursa gives you the benefit of working 8 hr shifts which works well for me plus from my understanding it’s a weekly pay,but what’s the hassle in requesting to work to only be disappointed when you’re rejected the day your shift starts. Nursa contract with these facilities needs to be revised because it’s unfair. Especially for families that really needs work to help feed their families.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those that work on Friday’s and Saturday’s aren’t benefiting especially if the facilities don’t confirm shift reports. I worked night shift on the 5th and submitted the report sheet when my shift ended on the 6th. Until now it's still processing when it should have been paid out today but I understand that things happen. 

• Like 2

I haven’t seen it in action yet, but I do know I’d be motivated to pick up more shifts if I was getting paid directly after. Unexpected bill…yep go grab a shift or two to cover it. Sometimes Thursday is a bit far away (my bank has early direct deposit) especially with me being the only one working currently and my kids being typical “hey I need $$ for this…no mom it’s tomorrow, oh yeah I never gave you that…” 🤣

• Like 1

@Nueva Koehler Once you submit your shift report, the facility has 48 business hours to verify your shift report. If the facility does not authorize your shift report, we will manually verify the hours after 48 business hours. Once we have received the clinician shift report and the verified report from the facility or if we manually verify your hours, the shift is processed for payroll. All shifts verified by Sunday at 11:59 PM are processed for payroll on Monday, and you can expect payment on Wednesday. All shifts verified by Tuesday at 11:59 PM are processed for payroll on Wednesday, and you can expect payment on Friday. With shift reports submitted during the weekend, this can be tricky because business hours are Monday- Friday. I hope that explaining this helps clear things up. If you ever have a question about payment, please get in touch with our support team. Our support team is available seven days a week from 6 AM - 10 PM MST. You can reach them at 801) 695-9609 or at suuport@nursa.com. 

• Like 1

I worked a 12 hour shift on October 8 at Meridian Meadows in Idaho. The facility verified that I worked the 12 hours but I still have not received payment for the shift.  Everytime I call, I'm told payment should have been sent but it hasn't?? It's now almost two weeks,. What can I do to get my check for those 12 hours??? 

Ok, now I see the 2 day pay in action…

Do I like it? No. I worked on a Sunday, got it Wednesday. Ok, cool? I’m not sure how the cutoffs work but I’m used to knowing everything gets paid out on Thursday (with early direct deposit) - and because I work NOC almost exclusively, every now and then 6 hours ends up on the next week - but I know that.

With this I was baffled. I still am, I think. What days go to which pay day? 

Daily pay would be great. 

• Like 1

I think there needs to be instant pay. You clock in, work your shift, clock out for lunch, and back in on the nurse app. At the end of the shift have the supervisor on shift sign the timesheet. Then a picture is taken of the timesheet and sent. After that, you clock out, and instant payment into your account.

• Like 1

@Ashley Clark and @Alicis, thank you for this insight! We definitely want to work towards daily pay, so keep letting us know your preferences and any feedback on this issue!

@Alicis We have someone on our team looking into improving the shift report experience, if you have any more feedback here, we'd love to hear it! We have seen a few issues with a supervisor on shift signing a physical timesheet, (1) the physical timesheet, and (2) the authority to approve time sheets. A digital shift report makes things much easier across the board between clinician and facility. This is especially because the supervisor on shift isn't always the person who schedules the shifts. This can create a security issue, as we would have to know any supervisor of a whole facility and verify their ability to approve shift reports. This being said, there definitely is room for improvement and your feedback is noted!