Direct Shift Request From Facility

Erinzona

Question

I was requested via text from a facility to work 6A-6p on the 16th. 
it was nearly a $500/shift, but because I cancelled the prior week I wasn’t able to accept the shift via Nursa app. Their staffer had stated that they would submit my time/rate and bonus of $50. I pick up quite a bit of shifts at this facility and wonder if any other clinicians have experienced this situation. 

53741B5F-ACC4-4C7D-917D-3D2BD9270A83.png

5 answers to this question

I know this can happen occasionally @Erinzona! You should only be frozen after your 3rd cancellation, so if that is not the case please contact support so they can get that taken care of. (801-695-9609 or support@nursa.com)

Also, do note that if a scheduler creates a shift for you outside of the app, the facility will have to pay from their own payroll as a 1099 employee. The shift cannot be added after the fact, nor paid for through Nursa. 

I just want to make sure you are aware of these things! Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂 

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2022 at 12:43 PM, Krishna Floisand said:

I know this can happen occasionally @Erinzona! You should only be frozen after your 3rd cancellation, so if that is not the case please contact support so they can get that taken care of. (801-695-9609 or support@nursa.com)

Also, do note that if a scheduler creates a shift for you outside of the app, the facility will have to pay from their own payroll as a 1099 employee. The shift cannot be added after the fact, nor paid for through Nursa. 

I just want to make sure you are aware of these things! Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂 

Thank you for the information. 😊 

Guest Kimberly Griffin4804500565

This is happening to me right now. The facility is requesting me and I cancelled with them. If they are past that then so should Nursa.

The agency we work for is supposed to be helping us work and not hinder us from working. In the past, This is the reason we would sign on with 2-3 agencies so that we were guaranteed work. 

I'm really upset about this and ready to throw in the towel and sign on with the facility. I'm not going to be out of work when there is plenty of it out there. 

I don't view Nursa as an agency. For me, Nursa is like a middleman. Facilities have staffing needs, and clinicians need work. Nursa introduces facilities and clinicians to each other via app, and we as clinicians take over from there. Yes, there are app issues, and I am sure Nursa is working on them because if we are successful, Nursa will be successful. We put too much responsibility on Nursa when we are not employees of Nursa. We are independent contractors. 

• Like 1
  • Comfort 1

Guest Kimberly Griffin4804500565

This really feels like Nursa will be losing clinicians. Are you really willing to lose your "valued clinicians?" I remember seeing you saying life happens...but what you're really saying is life can only happen X amount of days??? We all are not able to fit into cookie cuts all the time.

Our focus needs to be put back on helping these facilities staff so that patients can be taken care of and other nurses are not burdened with extra work. If you are becoming a barrier to that, isn't that now a patient safety issue??? One that you are in complete control over??? 

There is such a shortage of nurses...we need to get everyone who wants to work, working...

I understand the "no call no show" is a zero tolerance...that is a different issue, but one that also has to be assessed on a case by case bases.