New girl issues?

Cindy Austin

Hi. I've been a cna for 25 years but working in a facility is new to me. I have only done 1 shift for a different company before & it wasn't great. 

I have a shift tomorrow and am scared senseless. First the facility specified an N95 mask with goggles or a shield. I do not have any of those items. Will the facility provide them? 

I have always done homecare. So I know nothing of the routines in a facility. I don't even know if I'm to chart on computers, just take my own notes or what not. NO-ONE was pleased at the last place when I said I had only done homemade & they explained nothing to me. So what is my best approach tomorrow so I can get the most info and be most productive

• Like 1

@Cindy Austin I am so sorry you had a bad previous experience at a facility, even through another company.

I know we are late in replying, but I would love to know how it went for you!

We also have a New to Nursa group you can join and ask questions! here -> https://community.nursa.com/clubs/page/3-hear-from-an-expert/ We would love to know what would be useful to add or expect that first time. We also have a team of coaches that can help give you some info on how everything works. Let us know if you'd like them to reach out 🙂