Missing facility tags

Guest MistyM

Question

Guest MistyM

I had picked up a shift that was over a hour away, when I got there they had put me in a COVID section. I had talked to the coordinator about not working that hall and asked if they could move me to a hall that does not have COVID. Long story short she told me 'I don't know what to tell you, I'll repost and find someone else to work the shift'

I have 7 autoimmune diseases, I won't pick up shifts that has the 'COVID' tag. My body is already attacking its self daily, I don't want nor need to add to it if I'm able to avoid it. Which I can not avoid if the facilities ARE NOT ADDING THE COVID TAG TO THEIR POSTINGS. 

I lost out not only on 335 dollars, but I drove over an hour to work just for me to have to turn around. AFTER being there for an hour trying to figure out other solutions for me to stay. So I wasted at least 3 and half hours of my time for their lack of requirements as of facility posting. Which I did not get paid for my time, even though it was not my error, nor my lack of trying. 

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Hi @MistyM. I'm so sorry you felt like you were in a position you had to leave a shift. 

Shift stickers (like the COVID Shift Sticker) are ways we hope the facilities quickly communicate with clinicians details about the shift and unfortunately this wasn't the case with this facility. Several healthcare entities have stated that COVID-19 is here to stay and it is a very real possibility that any facility in the US may have patients with active COVID-19 (see more here). As such, I would encourage you to communicate with the facility in advance to avoid this, especially if you have a long drive!