Shift request

Emily rucker

Question

When will you guys update your app to where if a clinician  requests a shift ,that clinician gets the shift???? It shouldn’t be where multiple clinicians can request one shift. That’s how we lose out on the opportunity to make money. I say that because some buildings choose favorites and don’t give others a chance to perform or show what good they are.  You’re the only app (registry) that does that .. it’s not right. Also, why are the facilities keeping the shifts posted if a clinician is not needed period?? It’s frustrating because they leave you on requested at times instead of just denying the shift or simply deleting it period. And another thing.. allowing the buildings to verify shifts late or not at all  delays our pay. Why is it in their control or your control as we are not employees? The better thing to do is pay after the work is done as it should be for self contractors.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

10 answers to this question

Thank you both! @Emily rucker and @Kimberly Griffin4804500565 for sharing your concerns. We understand the frustrations and are continuously working to improve our app. We value fairness and are exploring options to enhance the shift request process and encourage equal opportunities. 

Additionally, we are assessing the verification process to minimize payment delays and exploring options for more frequent and sooner pay. We are working on better training facilities to fill shift reports sooner. Facilities also need to verify times worked so it can be assured the clinician is getting the amount they are owed.

Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your patience as we strive to address these issues. We know change has been slower than ideal for many of our users. What additional changes would you like to see in your experience using the app?

Guest Kimberly Griffin4804500565
On 6/5/2023 at 9:47 AM, Krishna Floisand said:

Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your patience as we strive to address these issues. We know change has been slower than ideal for many of our users. What additional changes would you like to see in your experience using the app?

Ive said it before that I think we should have the option of facilities that we put in our own blacklist. Whatever the reason...it could be u find yourself as a DNR(do not return) to a particular facility or you dont want to work in a certain part of town...we shouldnt have to weed thru a bunch of facilities that we will never ever go to in order to find the ones we will go to. 
That being said...we should be able to have the search listed in order that we prioritize...if we go there all the time, have those ones at the top of the list.

I totally agree with your post. I don't like it either to give up control when i get paid based on whether or not someone else does one thing or drags their feet not knowing or caring.The way i have been able to remedy this is to flat out ask the facilities to verify after i work it...
This doesn't help though if you don't get chosen for a shift to work. 

I also don't care for being held in a "requested" state ..i take advantage of the messaging option in the app and let the facility know that i have to plan for the shift and need to know asap...i also keep the number to their staffing.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:21 AM, Kimberly Griffin4804500565 said:

I totally agree with your post. I don't like it either to give up control when i get paid based on whether or not someone else does one thing or drags their feet not knowing or caring.The way i have been able to remedy this is to flat out ask the facilities to verify after i work it...
This doesn't help though if you don't get chosen for a shift to work. 

I also don't care for being held in a "requested" state ..i take advantage of the messaging option in the app and let the facility know that i have to plan for the shift and need to know asap...i also keep the number to their staffing.

They don’t always post the number for the staffer directly . I see a main number posted  for the facility however, I’m not going to call and say “hey can I speak to your staffer.” lol . Also, it should be first come first serve. If I pick up the shift first then I should get the shift. The other agencies I work for have it as such. Nursa only seems to  care if the shift is filled for their benefit.  They could care less about you or I or whomever making money. Plenty of times workers complain about the same subjects and still NURSA is yet to change anything that is beneficial to the clinicians. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 6:32 PM, Emily rucker said:

They don’t always post the number for the staffer directly . I see a main number posted  for the facility however, I’m not going to call and say “hey can I speak to your staffer.” lol .

Doing this would not be out of the Ordinary...You could also just ask the receptionist for the number. It certainly is not a number they would wish to keep secret. The more people that have it, the better chance of filling all the holes in their schedule. I would recommend getting to know the staffers. When you build up a rapport, they will include you in on their MAYDAY mass texts looking for clinicians for last minute emergencies that are inevitable to come up.

Also, it should be first come first serve. If I pick up the shift first then I should get the shift. The other agencies I work for have it as such

For the patients, I would have to vote the opposite. Patients deserve caregivers that can take  care of them the way they are accustomed to/prefer. Healthcare should not be left up to who can push the button faster.

On 6/2/2023 at 6:32 PM, Emily rucker said:

Also, it should be first come first serve. If I pick up the shift first then I should get the shift.

Very insightful @Kimberly Griffin4804500565!

I do hear from a lot of clinicians that building that rapport with staffers helps get shifts, great tip!

7 minutes ago, Kimberly Griffin4804500565 said:

Also, it should be first come first serve. If I pick up the shift first then I should get the shift. The other agencies I work for have it as such

For the patients, I would have to vote the opposite. Patients deserve caregivers that can take  care of them the way they are accustomed to/prefer. Healthcare should not be left up to who can push the button faster.

⬆️ There are also a lot of perspectives on the "first come first serve". The patients, caregivers, and facilities. Curious if anyone else has any input on this!

I have to disagree with first come first serve.  If a clinician is a bad fit for a facility then the facility shouldn’t have to hire them just because they we’re able to request the shift before someone who is a good fit.  That’s like saying they have to hire whoever got the first interview. 

Totally agree. I'm not sure how much it happens that the facility waits for a pool of people to choose from. I think if they have a need, they will fill it as soon as someone offers.

On 6/6/2023 at 12:13 PM, Kimberly Griffin4804500565 said:

Doing this would not be out of the Ordinary...You could also just ask the receptionist for the number. It certainly is not a number they would wish to keep secret. The more people that have it, the better chance of filling all the holes in their schedule. I would recommend getting to know the staffers. When you build up a rapport, they will include you in on their MAYDAY mass texts looking for clinicians for last minute emergencies that are inevitable to come up.

However how would they know if they don’t give others a chance? Give someone a chance and see. If they aren’t good then don’t bring them back 

On 6/14/2023 at 6:41 PM, Kimberly Griffin4804500565 said:

Ive said it before that I think we should have the option of facilities that we put in our own blacklist. Whatever the reason...it could be u find yourself as a DNR(do not return) to a particular facility or you dont want to work in a certain part of town...we shouldnt have to weed thru a bunch of facilities that we will never ever go to in order to find the ones we will go to. 
That being said...we should be able to have the search listed in order that we prioritize...if we go there all the time, have those ones at the top of the list.

Love this feedback @Kimberly Griffin4804500565! So a "favorited facilities" option that would show relevant shifts to you. 

Which would be better in your opinion: to see more of your favorite facilities? or completely block those facilities you don't want to return to?