Hot Topic - What are the best shoes for nursing shifts?

Question

We all know that nursing shifts are long and tiring. Between running around answering call lights or grabbing meds for patients, we know you do it all. Having good shoes makes all the difference in your shift and we want to know your take on the best nursing shoes out there! 

Here are some different brands I have used on my shifts that I love! 

Hokas  - It's like walking on clouds! Their shoes provide great arch support and cushion for your feet, giving your knees a break. They are also built to have a lot of milage before any kind of wear and tear, making them the most endurable shoe. (By far my favorite)

Crocs - Not only are they a nursing fashion staple but they are extremely comfortable. They don't have any laces that restrict your feet and have the best airflow for a closed toe shoe! 

Toms Classic Slip on Shoe - Toms is a fantastic combination of comfort and function. It's like wearing a slipper to work! Without a lot of arch support, over time the soles of the shoe will mold to your feet giving you the same feeling of a personalized slipper. They are cute and fashionable that will spice up any kind of scrubs you are wearing. 

2 answers to this question

Avia. Yes those cheap as all get out Walmart shoes. I thought they’d kill my feet for work but they are my most comfortable shoes. They have good padding, lots of support, and come in wide sizes too, which matters to me and  I don’t have to size up to accommodate the Flintstone feet I have. 

I wear them for doubles and my feet have never hurt in them, even when they were new. I broke my back a few years ago and them and Nikes are the only ones that I don’t suffer with. 
bright side is they aren’t too cheaply made and they have held up very well, but if I mess them up it’s only $20 to replace them. 

• Like 2