Double booking and after hours

Mornique  Dicey

Question

I would like to being able to pick up 16 hour shifts at two different facilities for the same day. I've experienced this twice now working with nursa. I am unable to request through the app because the start and end time are the same. So I've had to have the facilities call nursa and put it in manually.  I try to work 16 hours day and it doesn't always work out at the same facility due to thier needs, so I would see another facility needs help at the time my shift ends and I have to call the facility directly to ask if I can work, since I can't put a request in. 

#2  After hours when you call they ask if this is an emergency press #. When you do, it brings you back to the main menu, there doesn't seem to be an after hours way to contact Nursa. 

Edited by Mornique Dicey
  • Like 1

1 answer to this question

Hey Mornique! First off, I think working 16 hr shifts is a great way to bring in some extra cash and fill up your work week 🙌🏻 The reason there is the block on the back to back shifts is to account for travel time. It seems like a simple issue, however, in our experience it was causing lots of problems for clinicians and facilities because they would often get stuck at the first shift and then be late to the second. 🤪 If the second facility agrees to accept you with the understanding that you may be a bit late, then the facility could post the shift at a later time and then you are able to adjust the shift time to when you arrived in the shift report 🙂 

As for the emergency line, I will follow up on that and see what the block is. Our current support hours are 6am-10pm MST and we are working on pushing for 24 hr support very soon! 🤗

• Like 1