Schedule 1 hr prior to shift

CoBeHub357628

Question

Usually I check my phone throughout the night to see if I am scheduled for a shift. This time I was not schedule, I slept, woke at 9am and found out I was scheduled 1 hr prior to shift start. And I was placed on a block acct after contacting the facility informing them that I did not get a notification and that i could be there in 30mins. Usually I don't belly ache about things, but this angered me. Due to the fact that there should be a time when it is allow to schedule prior to the beginning of a shift. Just like when facilities wants a 2 hr notice of cancelations. Why not return the courtesy? But by day 4 of this info my acct will be reviewed with nursa supervisors and hopefully be restored. This was my first time experience and I think it is silly. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

No, because we are 1099 employees, it’s your business to run. It was your responsibility to realize they didn’t accept the shift yet, and you don’t want them to accept the shift last minute so once they don’t accept a shift in your time frame you cancel the shift request.