Advice to those who want to be a nurse

Miranda Belcher

Question

2 answers to this question

I really think that working as a CNA for a few months or a year is the best way to enter the field. That way, aspiring nurses can make informed decisions. They know what working in healthcare is like, they have a better idea of what nurses do, they get a taste of the schedules. Plus, nursing school can be easier once you have some experience in healthcare.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Laila Ighani said:

I really think that working as a CNA for a few months or a year is the best way to enter the field. That way, aspiring nurses can make informed decisions. They know what working in healthcare is like, they have a better idea of what nurses do, they get a taste of the schedules. Plus, nursing school can be easier once you have some experience in healthcare.

I love this! I fully agree. I worked as a CNA for 3 years while prepping for and then completing nursing school, and it was so helpful. I felt much further along than my peers in the first semester of clinicals, plus working as a CNA helped me pay for college - and I know with Nursa - the PRN shifts offer a much higher rate than a standard in-house staff position as a nursing assistant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Comfort 1