What’s your worst work-related story?

We all know the job of a nurse is no easy feat, with long hours, challenging cases, and high levels of stress. Surely, there have been moments in your career that have pushed you to your limits and tested your patience. Whether it was dealing with difficult patients, chaotic emergencies, or a neverending workload, we want to hear your worst work-related stories. Share your experiences and let's have a good laugh or cry together.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

My first job as an RN was at a community hospital and it had the most toxic monster manager you can imagine!! I will never forget her name and she came in and just rode our butts and did anything she could to make work-life miserable. I initially just wanted 2 years of hospital experience before taking on travel jobs, and finally I quit. Cashed in my 401k, and got my feet wet by picking up local PRN shifts through an agency. When I put in my two week notice, that manager was sooo mad. She was telling me agency would be a nightmare and I would have an insane amount of patients, and I left my work nightmare and never looked back.

• Like 1
  • Celebrate 1
  • Comfort 1

Sounds horrific @Miranda Belcher!

My worst story is about corruption: when I was a student practicing, one of the physicians would take home most of the food from a special-needs children's shelter and eat it himself, leaving the kids with almost nothing to eat. During my time there, he lost his job when somebody found out, but it had been going on for many years.

• Comfort 1