Transitioning from LPN to RN: Is it worth it?

Laila Ighani

Question

Are you an LPN who has transitioned to RN, or are you currently in the process of transitioning? We want to hear about your experience! What program did you attend, and what did you think of it? Was it worth it to go from LPN to RN? For those who are contemplating the transition, what factors are influencing your decision? We would love to hear your thoughts on the LPN to RN transition.

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

While I was not an LPN before becoming an RN, in the college I went to, I thought the LPN to RN bridge program was an excellent option, especially for people with families or busy lives who might not be able to go straight into an RN program. Plus, the RN program had a waiting list several years long, and the LPN program you could get right into it, so in my opinion, it's a great option for people with busy lives. In case you only get through a year of schooling, you can have a license as an LPN and return when you're able.  In fact, due to the long wait list, a lot of people became an RN quicker by bridging from an LPN to RN program - counting both programs combined, than waiting and attending the RN program only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your answer actually surprised me, that you might become an RN faster by bridging!!!
have always wondered how it is to work as an LPN while doing a bridge program to transition to an RN. I would love to hear some experiences about it, whether it is difficult to study and work simultaneously, and whether working in a hospital setting actually makes studying easier.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1