What are some practical childcare solutions?

Jenna Nurse

Question

7 answers to this question

I once had a neighbor who was happy to take care of my children now and then. She had children around the same age and my kids loved being at their house. My neighbor did not accept pay, but really appreciated nice gifts. I knew the children were safe and happy.  I tried to return the kindness in several ways, for example helping her children with some classes.

• Like 2
  • Comfort 2

On 8/23/2024 at 7:10 PM, Crystal Baker Shoaie said:

I once had a neighbor who was happy to take care of my children now and then. She had children around the same age and my kids loved being at their house. My neighbor did not accept pay, but really appreciated nice gifts. I knew the children were safe and happy.  I tried to return the kindness in several ways, for example helping her children with some classes.

I really love this answer! I feel like community is a great way for our kids to enjoy different experiences, and for us to also take turns with other kids and give back!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2024 at 5:40 PM, Dorlah Lawrence said:

Move a nanny, au par,  grandparent or other reliable relative in and come to an acceptable agreement on  payment.  You will have piece of mind that your child/children are well cared for at home while you are at a job that requires total concentration.

That is also a great option! I think we should all look into different options, but it's essential to have our work covered!

• Comfort 1