Nursing License Risks

Kyrie Papenfuss

On 9/23/2022 at 12:15 PM, Kyrie Papenfuss said:

Clinicians are always faced with the constant fear of losing their license... has there even been a time you thought in the moment you were going to lose it? What happened?

Nothing has happen yet thank goodness!! But what I have noticed is some facilities I go to, through Nursa. They are assistant living and there in house staffs are CareGivers. And they do some unethical procedures. I am showing them how to properly transfer residents, they do not use equipment since none are trained and would make it a skilled facility. But I definitely feel I have more at risk then the caregivers. Since they don't have such weight over them and they can find a new job this is my career. 

Edited by Mornique Dicey
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 2:36 PM, Mornique Dicey said:

Nothing has happen yet thank goodness!! But what I have noticed is some facilities I go to, through Nursa. They are assistant living and there in house staffs are CareGivers. And they do some unethical procedures. I am showing them how to properly transfer residents, they do not use equipment since none are trained and would make it a skilled facility. But I definitely feel I have more at risk then the caregivers. Since they don't have such weight over them and they can find a new job this is my career. 

Oh thank goodness nothing has happened to you yet! That is scary about the unethical procedures used, though. How do you combat this, or do you sometimes feel helpless in these situations?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kyrie Papenfuss said:

Oh thank goodness nothing has happened to you yet! That is scary about the unethical procedures used, though. How do you combat this, or do you sometimes feel helpless in these situations?

I wouldn't say I've felt helpless because no matter the situation, I speak up. Even if it's just how they are rotating the resident. I would take initiative to show them how to use body mechanic that will be more beneficial for everyone. 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2022 at 10:03 PM, Mornique Dicey said:

I wouldn't say I've felt helpless because no matter the situation, I speak up. Even if it's just how they are rotating the resident. I would take initiative to show them how to use body mechanic that will be more beneficial for everyone. 

Speaking up is important! I'm sure that sets the precedent and a great example for your coworkers as well!

• Like 1