Cancelation Policy Change!

Mornique  Dicey

Question

Starting today, 10/1/22 you can cancel a shift up to 3 times in 30 day period before getting suspended. 

It's a very bitter sweet feeling for me, that was the number one thing I loved about Nursa. That really separated Nursa from other platforms. They hold their clinicians accountable. 

(No I didn't cancel my shift, to find out was talking with another Nursa teamate then called Nursa support my self.)

Edited by Mornique Dicey

10 answers to this question

Hi @Mornique Dicey and @Kimberly Griffin4804500565

The change just became effective! We have some official messaging coming out soon in the form of an email. We are starting to release more updates more frequently so we are working on the cadence of the updating of these new policies. We definitely want all clinicians using the app to be aware of the latest and greatest.

In addition to our email am going to start notification for those logging into the community when we release a new feature as well as including it in our weekly newsletter. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Guest Kimberly Griffin4804500565

Oh...yes...I'm finding out about new stuff from in here...but didn't even realize this was a thing until just recently...makes me wonder what else I dont know about...gives me a good idea though...what about putting together a Nursa Newsletter...can be once a month/week just depends on how much things change...that way  we can all be on the "Same Page" (hint hint...this can be the name of either the whole newsletter or just an article within it...if we havent learned anything else from Covid 19...that we need to BE READY to GO...if/when the need arises...if we all are paying attention/looking forward to a newsletter in our emails and when we see its arrived to be conditioned to Open and Interact each and every time, it seems logical that it could become our GO TO when seeking guidance/information on current events...just a thought...

I agree. It would be a great to be recognized...As prn nurses, it is a requirement that we have flexability to "fill the holes" in the facilities staffing schedules. In order to do this, we have to shuffle our responsibilities in our own lives. Its not always that easy...for example this week I have some day shifts followed immediately by nights...in order to accomplish this I have to become quite resourceful...for example hiring a driver for my son to get to school or get picked up in my absence...I will do those things I have to before cancelling due to a schedule conflict. If my name is there, my facilities know they can count on me being there.

6 hours ago, Krishna Floisand said:

@Mornique Dicey on another note too... we recognize that we have star clinicians that have an extremely low or 0% cancellation rate. I think a program that also rewards clinicians would be a great thing to add. I'd love your thoughts on this too 🙂 

I definitely am part of that star clinicians club! This new update just makes me more eager for the star ratings to be shown on our profile. It will be a great motivator for clinicians wanting to improve their acceptance rate and work performance. Along for facilities, to chose the best fit for their facilities needs. 

I think the S.O.S Alarts that allows clinicians with a 70% or higher reliability rating to see urgent need first. Is a great perk for a star clinicians program. That could be like a tier one reward. Definitely like this way of thinking, would you be up to making a post for more clinicians to help us brainstorm?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krishna Floisand said:

Yes and yes. Agree with you all. I would definitely love to get a group of clinicians together to discuss this more. @Mornique Dicey do you want to start a post and I can help feature it? I love what you said above about the potential perks. 🙂 

Does canceling effect start ratings, or are S.O.S alarts and star rating separate? 

So...to clear this up when you say up to 3 times, it means you have only 2 times to cancel...then the 3rd time you get froze.

This just happened to me. Before reading this topic in the community I understood on the first cancel you were frozen...

The policy changed and now they allow more cancels.

I did have a personal issue that I felt I would not be of help to others and needed to take care of myself. After working 60 hours, I physically was unable to (I will spare the details for those who don't care go know the TMI ) I can say that I would make the same decision in the future. We have to be able to recognize when the time comes to take a step back,gather yourself, and go again...

The facility is requesting me specifically knowing the care I provide, as well as patients reporting to admin and requesting me to work in their hall...I have 7 shifts that I can't book because of a company wide policy. That policy is put into place to weed out bad apples.

I mean if the facility is willing to put me to work but Nursa is not, although they do admit to my stellar performance what sense does it make to stay with Nursa???