Facility Hidden Requirements

Andréa M. RN

Question

There is a facility where I am located that posts the majority of shifts in my area. I have been requesting shifts since my initial download of this app. Never been accepted for a shift. Messaged the point of contact repeatedly to figure out what I’m doing wrong. The staffing associate finally responds saying that they were good for the day. So why are shifts being posted that don’t even need to be filled. Then I finally got another response about how to get booked. I was told that I need to come to the facility to get a background check down and fingerprints done that will cost me out of my own pocket. How was this not communicated from weeks ago and how is anyone supposed to know automatically? I was told today that Nursa was unaware of this process. Very frustrating.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

@Andréa M. RN

Hi Andréa. I’m sorry about frustrations you’ve had picking up shifts, especially if there’s one primary facility in your area. And any delayed response from the facility.

The best way to make yourself standout to get scheduled for more shifts is to add as many credentials as you can! Facilities include a Screening List to shifts they post of what credentials they are looking for, and if you have any of those that aren’t uploaded to your Nursa profile, that would be the best place to start.

Nursa runs and pays for your background check. After you request your first shift, we begin the process, but there will be paperwork emailed to you by First Advantage that you’ll need to complete to keep the process going. If you have questions about the status there, our Support team can look into that more if you’re able to call or chat in. Once that is done, we will upload it to your account so that facilities will be able to see that you have one completed.

As far as fingerprinting goes, some State Nursing Boards may require that for all practicing clinician, but unlike background checks, Nursa does not facilitate those. I'd suggest looking up your State Nursing Board website to see if those are required, and if so, what steps can be taken, but facilities may require any additional background verification they choose.

Feel free to message me directly if you have any more questions or would like to chat further about your Nursa profile.