Guest Kimberly Griffin4804500565

Question

I was just coming in here to see if I could find anything acknowledging and Celebrating Nurses' Week. As far as I can tell, there hasnt been anything special...if this is true...I have been mistaken in the past...did i miss it??? 
not to toot our own horns...but we have been called heros...to have a week set aside and nothing has been awarded, not even a mention is downright sad!!! One of the facilities ordered a meal we chose and was delivered by the Administrator at 2am!!!! She went out of her way to let us know that we are appreciated...not just in words, but also a token of appreciation.....what gives??? I know we have to be making the company plenty of money that there should be a special fund/committee to make this happen. Just sayin'

Happy Late Nurses' Week!!! Keep up the great work in a (most of the time) thankless field.

Edited by Kimberly Griffin4804500565

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Hi @Kimberly Griffin4804500565! First of all, yes Happy (late) Nurses Week to you! Thank you for all you do. We strive not to make things transactional here in the community. We actually had quite a few attendees for our Nurses Week chat and some giveaways last week. I know not all can and want to attend, but it is a good social hour for a lot of our clinicians.

I do have some leftover Comrad Socks if you are interested. I can send those your way. It's not much I know and nowhere close to paying you back for all you do, but I'll send them your way and you should get those next week. 🙂

I searched "nurses' week" and i did find there was a Nurses' Week Chat on Mon May 8 at 10am...there were a whopping 3 attendees...again, a piece of advice....dig in your pockets and make it worth wild to attend a chat....it could be a random drawing or some other "fun" kindbof way ro get our attentions and give a little boost. We all could use it...with gas prices well over $4.00 a gallon, if there were a possibiliyy of "winning" a $20 gas card...that would definitly peak my interest...i havent been to a chat as of yet, but to me it is just another thing added to an already full calendar...seems more like a chore than a "want to"

i dont mean to sound unappreciative, but seriously...I put on a lot of miles on my car...and I admit, there has been more than a handful if times where I find myself texting to family and friends asking for a $20 spot or so to make it to work and back...what about setting it up where we can "draw" on out upcoming pay....it can help save our dignity.

just sayin'