Feeling unsafe in your working environment?

Krishna Floisand

Question

3 answers to this question

Guest Kimberly Griffin4804500565

I have had that happen too. "All you can do is the best you can do" finish the shift and while it is still fresh, write a letter and send it to nursa so they can be aware of the situation. In my certain situation when I sent in my letter to Kate, she really appreciated it. She said the facility was asking for some feedback to be able to make changes. Its handy to not only state what the problem is, but also bring with it the solution so that it can be implemented. Don't go back for awhile.

I left. I told them why and that I wasn’t going to be responsible for that many patients by myself on a locked wing - there are others in the building but sorry, not chasing them down if things go goofy. 
the best I can do is protect myself and my license. These facilities know when they’re doing wrong. 
I then wrote in to support about the incident. I wasn’t going to be marked as a NCNS because I refused to compromise myself. 

• Like 1

Guest Bsnowe2014

Honestly what can you do? If you leave then they ban you even though they put you in the position. You talk to the nurses that work at the facility, if your lucky you get the cold shoulder. I've had facilities be so nasty they canceled shifts as I was working.