Facilities locking you?

Jessie

Question

Has anyone else experienced facilities calling you out due to having floor staff wanting to pick up, but refusing to cancel the shift on their end? I have recently learned that if a facility cancels a shift within 48hours of the start time of the shift beginning, they still have to pay the payout for posting the shift; if we as workers cancel, we are locked for 2 weeks. Recently I have had 3 shifts by 2 facilities contact me the night before & 2hrs before the shift started, or sent me home, but refuse to cancel the shift on their end, thus locking me till the end of the shift time and preventing me to pick up due to being scheduled already. One facility threatened to just report that I did a "No call, No Show" when I said I would cancel on my end with a comment. The facility that did me dirty 2x has blocked me from picking up there anymore, not that I would want to.

Shout out Nursa! They has been very understanding and haven't locked me due to thorough communication with them. 

Am I the only one?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

13 answers to this question

Guest Bsnowe2014

Yes so many times, they pick and choose and can be very petty. They'll put shifts out there, but those aren't shifts for us. Then a few hours later the people they thought would be there don't show up. I've had facilities want me to cancel the shift knowing it's a block, I've had some mark me down as no call no show despite calling hours ahead. They honestly can abuse the app abd do what they want.

Just experienced this today. I got to my shift and even though I was asked to work the second shift they still brought someone in and tried to tell me to leave. Well I ended up staying and they cancelled my shift for tomorrow so do I still receive pay for cancellation last minute???

Edited by Wenona

NURSA NEEDS A POLICY PROTECTING US THE CLINICIANS REGARDING THIS!! We need a guaranteed cancellation implemented. We have the right for 4 hours pay or a percentage algorithm for the hours before start time to be paid!

BUT WE NEED ALL THE NURSA CLINICIANS TO SPEAK UP AND VOTE THIS IN! NURSA NEEDS TO TAKE CARE OF WHO IS ACTUALLY MAKING THEM MONEY, US. AND WE ALWAYS FILE WITH THE LABOR BOARDS … IN ALL STATES THEY SERVICE AND FILE WITH THE FEDERAL LABOR BOARDS. 

NURSA WILL NOT PAY YOU AND WILL NOT TRY TO GET YOU PAID! ALWAYS ALWAYS GET THE FACILITY TO SIGN A PAPER SHEET ETC. ANYTHING TO GET YOU PAID…

I’VE EXPERIENCED SOME F*** BULLS*** WITH NURSA YOU WOULDN’T BELIEVE IT! 

TAKE MY ADVISE 

Marc so sorry you had this happen also!!

Krishna does NURSA even have a policy writer? I’ve never had one issue taken care of with NURSA. My experience with calling the support line is nothing but talking to bunch of kids. 

I am not hopeful this will get up to speed on The Standard of Care us nurses have to uphold. But there’s no support for us clinicians or backing when we get dumped on. NURSA automatically has sided with there facilities. How much do you they pay to buy NURSA behavior? 

Hi @Elizabeth Temean ! We have many departments contributing to our App Policies with backgrounds in legal, healthcare, compliance, and technology.

In regards to your issues, what issues would these be? I would love to address each of them to see if we can work towards a resolution. Feel free to post them here or send me a private DM. We apologize that your experience with our support team was anything less than stellar. I would love to pass on the feedback and identify areas of growth for everyone. 

Thank you for your patience on this issue and for calling us out. We are grateful for all the work you do for patients and how much you care about advocating for others!

Nursa also needs to hold the facility accountable for them listing correct job description. I went to work for a longterm care facility and wanted me to take care of 60 patients for a 6pm/6am shift. They had two nurses during day no change in acuity or patient needs and got blocked for two weeks for refusing assignment. If it had said in description box care for up to 70 patients I wouldn’t have even applied. 

On 9/11/2022 at 10:38 PM, Jessie said:

Has anyone else experienced facilities calling you out due to having floor staff wanting to pick up, but refusing to cancel the shift on their end? I have recently learned that if a facility cancels a shift within 48hours of the start time of the shift beginning, they still have to pay the payout for posting the shift; if we as workers cancel, we are locked for 2 weeks. Recently I have had 3 shifts by 2 facilities contact me the night before & 2hrs before the shift started, or sent me home, but refuse to cancel the shift on their end, thus locking me till the end of the shift time and preventing me to pick up due to being scheduled already. One facility threatened to just report that I did a "No call, No Show" when I said I would cancel on my end with a comment. The facility that did me dirty 2x has blocked me from picking up there anymore, not that I would want to.

Shout out Nursa! They has been very understanding and haven't locked me due to thorough communication with them. 

Am I the only one?