Getting scheduled

Shamica Woods

Question

Well this week I requested a shift from Sunday to Saturday and I only got Scheduled 3 days. I’m not understanding how Nursa expects people to make a living when you can’t even get selected for shifts! I have 17yrs experience and can’t even get more than 3days working off this APP. And when I do it’s always the weekends. The days No one wants to work. It would be soooooo beneficial to the many people in my boat if the shifts were first come first serve! I can pick up a shift for Wednesday on a Monday but then someone can pick it up Wednesday and they get the shift while I been waiting in Limbo for 48hrs

• Like 2

9 answers to this question

It's all how you leave an impression, I just joined two months ago. I've worked over 80 shifts, In September I only had 5days off. I've done so many doubles and single shifts and there is only 3 active facilities in my area! But this month alot more people have joined. But honestly best advice from a 5 star clinician.. fix up your profile, add a phone, reach out to the facility/scheduler introduce your self and when you go to work get involved, build relationships with residents and staff. 

I hope you the best.

Edited by Mornique Dicey
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mornique Dicey said:

It's all how you leave an impression, I just joined two months ago. I've worked over 80 shifts, In September I only had 5days off. I've done so many doubles and single shifts and there is only 3 active facilities in my area! But this month alot more people have joined. But honestly best advice from a 5 star clinician.. fix up your profile, add a phone, reach out to the facility/scheduler introduce your self and when you go to work get involved, build relationships with residents and staff. 

I hope you the best.

***add a photo** to your profile.

• Like 1

I worked at tanabell Meridian Meadows,  two 12 hour shifts.  At the end of the second shift I have a bad review of the facility, 1 star, because I was the only nurse for 28 patients with no aide. Since that last shift, I have not been able to get a shift there- is it because the scheduler was aware of my bad review?  Is it in our best interest not to give negative reviews even though that was accurate review? 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 10:37 PM, lynne b said:

I worked at tanabell Meridian Meadows,  two 12 hour shifts.  At the end of the second shift I have a bad review of the facility, 1 star, because I was the only nurse for 28 patients with no aide. Since that last shift, I have not been able to get a shift there- is it because the scheduler was aware of my bad review?  Is it in our best interest not to give negative reviews even though that was accurate review? 

@Krishna Floisand Do you know if there is an answer to this? 

Add on question is, if it is an anonymous review wouldnt the timing they receive it, wouldn't that give the facility scheduler a lead/tip on which clinician might have left it?

Hi @lynne b and @Mornique Dicey!

It would depend on if the review was left through our app or through another source. If the review was left through our app by a clinician, they would not be able to see it at all. If left on another platform (i.e. google reviews, etc), the facility could potentially see it and react to it. This is unfortunately out of our control. 

Ratings left on the Nursa App are not directly shared with a facility. The general feedback is shared with facilities on how clinicians are feeling about the facility only occasionally. Names or details of clinicians would not be shared with a facility.

If you have concerns about a facility, we encourage you to do what you think is best in your professional judgment. You can let us know, but we will be limited in what we are able to do as a marketplace. You can also contact authorities or your state nursing board if you think it appropriate. 

Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns!