Shift Cancellation by facility

Kieran  Donahue

Question

I have never had this problem before and have no idea the exact solution.  I requested an RN shift and was cancelled shortly after I was scheduled for the shift.  I was in the middle of driving there so I may have missed the alert.  Not sure exactly when the cancellation occurred.  The message states "Facility has removed you from their shifts.  You are no longer scheduled for this shift."  In the Nursa terms it states a facility has to pay $75 if they simply cancel you before the shift starts and within 12 hours of the shift starting.  I am not seeing any $75 payment.  It also states in the terms that they must pay you 50% of the remainder of the shift if you are cancelled after the start time.  I cannot see a time stamp, but I was able to tap "I'm Here" in the app on the shift, but found out that I was cancelled possibly after I arrived.  How do I make sure I am receiving payment for this cancellation and getting the proper cancellation payment.  At a minimum I believe I am owed $75, but I did arrive at the facility.  The only thing that is not clear is when they actually removed me from the shift.  I am unclear since there is no time stamp.  I believe what happened is they double booked the same shift and picked the cheaper LPN worker.  In my opinion just playing games.   I called support and reported it, but I feel like support ignored the issue and gave me no assurance that I would receive anything.   Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?  How did it turn out?

Edited by Kieran Donahue

10 answers to this question

On 12/29/2022 at 11:37 PM, Kieran Donahue said:

I have never had this problem before and have no idea the exact solution.  I requested an RN shift and was cancelled shortly after I was scheduled for the shift.  I was in the middle of driving there so I may have missed the alert.  Not sure exactly when the cancellation occurred.  The message states "Facility has removed you from their shifts.  You are no longer scheduled for this shift."  In the Nursa terms it states a facility has to pay $75 if they simply cancel you before the shift starts and within 12 hours of the shift starting.  I am not seeing any $75 payment.  It also states in the terms that they must pay you 50% of the remainder of the shift if you are cancelled after the start time.  I cannot see a time stamp, but I was able to tap "I'm Here" in the app on the shift, but found out that I was cancelled possibly after I arrived.  How do I make sure I am receiving payment for this cancellation and getting the proper cancellation payment.  At a minimum I believe I am owed $75, but I did arrive at the facility.  The only thing that is not clear is when they actually removed me from the shift.  I am unclear since there is no time stamp.  I believe what happened is they double booked the same shift and picked the cheaper LPN worker.  In my opinion just playing games.   I called support and reported it, but I feel like support ignored the issue and gave me no assurance that I would receive anything.   Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?  How did it turn out?

I called another person at support that was much more helpful.  The time stamp showed I arrived at 9:03PM and they cancelled at 9:05PM 5 mins after the shift started.  I was told this by the support rep.  The only unfortunate thing is I believe everyone is on vacation until Tuesday.  I believe I will be paid for 50% of the shift since the shift was cancelled after it started and I was indeed there.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2023 at 1:37 PM, Krishna Floisand said:

Yes you are referring to this policy @Kieran Donahuehttps://community.nursa.com/clinician-help/nursa-clinician-guides/#faq41

Let me follow up here with the status of this with our support team and I will reach out to you! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

There is just a whole lot of contradictions in the policies that are never mentioned anywhere in the Nursa terms.  Can't say I am happy getting $75 when the terms state I should get the maximum 50% of the shift.  

Guest Kimberly Griffin4804500565

I'm just learning about this too ...can you look into it for me too?i had a facility cancel just over 3 hours of the start time. That was on Friday. I could use the $75....ended up finding another shift that paid more,but would still like the $75...we have to have some kind of repercussion for the facility or they will continue to do it. Who do i contact for the $75???

Edited by Kimberly Griffin4804500565

Guest MistyM

I showed up to a shift this morning and they didn't have me on their schedule, however had me scheduled the day before, which I did not request. I too have not seen nor have ever seen a deposit for $75???!