Something needs to be done about facilities posting shifts when they don’t need someone to work

Hello

Question

Facilities keep posting shifts that they dont’t need staff for. They post a lot of these shifts as back up if someone calls off. I have had staffers tell me that all their shifts are filled for the next two weeks but have shifts posted on the app. Or I will show up to a shift on time and be told - “well, everyone showed up so we don’t need you”. If you don’t need me why did you book me. I wasted my gas and time to come to your facility but you only booked me as a back up. This needs to stop! 

Facilities complain that agency staff are not reliable but these facilities are not reliable as well. Nursa needs to do something about penalising facilities for false advertising. 

the other day I showed up to a 12 hr shift and the scheduler had scheduled for only four hours! Why would you book a 12 hr shift but schedule me for four hours?! I left and did not work the shift (I went somewhere else to work) because that is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

On 3/23/2023 at 10:40 AM, Maddie said:

@Hello We always want to hear about your experiences on the app. Please reach out to our support team at support@nursa.com so we can hear more about your experience. Thank you for being a part of our community!

On 3/22/2023 at 7:16 PM, Hello said:

Facilities keep posting shifts that they dont’t need staff for. They post a lot of these shifts as back up if someone calls off. I have had staffers tell me that all their shifts are filled for the next two weeks but have shifts posted on the app. Or I will show up to a shift on time and be told - “well, everyone showed up so we don’t need you”. If you don’t need me why did you book me. I wasted my gas and time to come to your facility but you only booked me as a back up. This needs to stop! 

Facilities complain that agency staff are not reliable but these facilities are not reliable as well. Nursa needs to do something about penalising facilities for false advertising. 

the other day I showed up to a 12 hr shift and the scheduler had scheduled for only four hours! Why would you book a 12 hr shift but schedule me for four hours?! I left and did not work the shift (I went somewhere else to work) because that is ridiculous. 

They keep you for four hours because they have to pay for four hours if you show up and they send you home. So they’d rather have you use your time than pay for you going home. 

I wish I had that kind of deal instead I had to deal with shortage of staff when we would definitely needed more help and I didn't like it but dealt with it with it being one CNA per hall and no floats and some of the other CNAs wouldn't come help you with the 2 assist yeah I had to deal with stuff like that but it is nothing new to me now because I have been doing it like that for a few years so been there and done that 

• Comfort 1

Theses facilities are very…Unprofessional and unconsidered to the schedule and last min needs of there facilities 🅿️…and DISRESPECTFUL TO THE effort we offer and give as dedicated agency nurses…trying to provide the care to help out our community of residents and patients….😤

• Comfort 1