Danneille

Question

I’m extremely frustrated… In the app it offers, once you work 3 shifts you qualify for instant pay. What they don’t mention is it’s not vastly available in most states. It’s gravely irritating and frustrating that it offers pay is done on Mon and Wed then takes 2-3 days for it to appear in your acct. What I have learned is, as the medical staffer, we are expected to show up promptly and complete the shift to the facility expectations. However, they can take there time to complete the shift report. I worked a shift, it’s now been a week ago and it just now has been processed but I still have to wait 3 days for it to hit my acct. When most of these shifts are anywhere from 60-240 miles from my home. My gas tank doesn’t allow me to say “I know your empty but we must go to work anyway.” It takes money! My daycare provider does not allow me to say “sorry, I still have not been paid, so you have to wait.” Why is it acceptable for the facilities to take there sweet time to confirm you did the job? Working with Nursa, your payday is too unpredictable. That shows great unprofessionalism. There are so many other agencies that provide same day pay, I try to a avoid Nursa staffing as I have to ensure income in a timely fashion.  In addition, if they are going to expect folks to assist with facilities it would be great if they offered the standard federal mileage reimbursement or lodging for back to back shifts at same facility. Especially as they allow pay to be delayed. I try not to recommend Nursa to my colleagues as I don’t like to hear the same bothersome complaints of 1. Payout 2. Unpredictable acceptance of shifts 3. Distance to facility without compensation 4. Often not having oncoming nurse coverage making you responsible to stay 5. Lack of communication from facility, especially related to several admissions 6. Facility expectation of you being the scape goat for the heavy unpleasant work load while the perm staff coast through the shift 7. Overall dissatisfaction with unprofessional tactics allowed from facilities. Staff being held at higher expectations then that of the facilities. Penalizing staff for need to cancel but “oh well” when the facility does. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

15 answers to this question

Great question @Teem! Nursa Direct is available right as you sign up for Nursa in any state. Following 3 shifts completed across any amount of time, through Nursa Direct, you will be eligible for instant payments. 

I would recommend signing up from the get go with Nursa Direct. You can go to your wallet and choose that as a payment option and follow the prompts. You will get paid within 2-3 days, and after the 3 completed shifts you can become eligible for instant pay.

You can read more here: https://community.nursa.com/nursa-direct/

I hear you @Danneille, thank you for putting time into sharing your frustrations with the community. 

Our instant pay option is a newly released feature and is slowly rolling out across different states, keep an eye out for it to hit your state!

As we grow in your area, we may be able to find facilities that are nearer to you that aren't the 60-240 miles away from you! Are there facilities nearer to you that would be more convenient to pick up shifts at?

I would love to discuss with you your concerns about how to hold facilities more responsible as well as being asked to stay later on your shift. If you are up for it, we can set up some time to discuss it!

Again, thank you for sharing your experience. It helps us all to get better!

On 8/16/2023 at 8:11 AM, Danneille said:

I’m extremely frustrated… In the app it offers, once you work 3 shifts you qualify for instant pay. What they don’t mention is it’s not vastly available in most states. It’s gravely irritating and frustrating that it offers pay is done on Mon and Wed then takes 2-3 days for it to appear in your acct. What I have learned is, as the medical staffer, we are expected to show up promptly and complete the shift to the facility expectations. However, they can take there time to complete the shift report. I worked a shift, it’s now been a week ago and it just now has been processed but I still have to wait 3 days for it to hit my acct. When most of these shifts are anywhere from 60-240 miles from my home. My gas tank doesn’t allow me to say “I know your empty but we must go to work anyway.” It takes money! My daycare provider does not allow me to say “sorry, I still have not been paid, so you have to wait.” Why is it acceptable for the facilities to take there sweet time to confirm you did the job? Working with Nursa, your payday is too unpredictable. That shows great unprofessionalism. There are so many other agencies that provide same day pay, I try to a avoid Nursa staffing as I have to ensure income in a timely fashion.  In addition, if they are going to expect folks to assist with facilities it would be great if they offered the standard federal mileage reimbursement or lodging for back to back shifts at same facility. Especially as they allow pay to be delayed. I try not to recommend Nursa to my colleagues as I don’t like to hear the same bothersome complaints of 1. Payout 2. Unpredictable acceptance of shifts 3. Distance to facility without compensation 4. Often not having oncoming nurse coverage making you responsible to stay 5. Lack of communication from facility, especially related to several admissions 6. Facility expectation of you being the scape goat for the heavy unpleasant work load while the perm staff coast through the shift 7. Overall dissatisfaction with unprofessional tactics allowed from facilities. Staff being held at higher expectations then that of the facilities. Penalizing staff for need to cancel but “oh well” when the facility does. 

I have had the same experience with Nursa and getting my pay.  I just worked a 12 hour night shift, a week ago and still have not received my pay.  I actually will be canceling nursa, its just to frustrating to wait so long, or wonder if and when will i get paid.  I use other per diem apps, and no problem getting paid the following day, and usually have more shifts available.  I dont understand why Nursa makes you wait, but hopefully i will get paid this week if not i will be calling Idaho labor board.  

Hi @lynne b, I know a common issue is the confusion on when you will get paid. We are currently working on bringing faster than twice-weekly payment methods. I see all your previously worked shifts marked as paid, If this is an error and you have not been paid please contact our support team (+1 833-543-5441 or support@nursa.com) to look into it. Thank you!

On 8/16/2023 at 12:37 PM, Krishna Floisand said:

I hear you @Danneille, thank you for putting time into sharing your frustrations with the community. 

Our instant pay option is a newly released feature and is slowly rolling out across different states, keep an eye out for it to hit your state!

As we grow in your area, we may be able to find facilities that are nearer to you that aren't the 60-240 miles away from you! Are there facilities nearer to you that would be more convenient to pick up shifts at?

I would love to discuss with you your concerns about how to hold facilities more responsible as well as being asked to stay later on your shift. If you are up for it, we can set up some time to discuss it!

Again, thank you for sharing your experience. It helps us all to get better!

I just started with this app they lied to get me in telling me I can get instacart which I cannot now I haven’t been paid and I have to wait 2 weeks although shifts were confirmed on time. If I don’t have my pay by Friday I will be calling the facility whose first time it is working with Nursa and explaining to them to cancel my shifts until I get paid. It’s not FREE to get to work. Not only that you advertise being paid twice a week to bait and switch employees. DO NOT GET ON THIS APP. USE INTELY CARE OR CLIPBOARD OR SHIFT MED at least you will get paid INSTANTLY DEFINITELY.

@Saudia12094 Sorry again for below-average experience! The first three shifts aren't eligible for Nursa Direct/Instant Pay but following that your wallet should show you how to sign up for Nursa Direct to receive instant pay.

I sent a message with more of a break down, but it looks like your payments should be process tomorrow, please reach out to support (bottom right corner) if there is a delay for your shifts worked over the weekend. You getting paid on time is definitely important to us. 

I sm still waiting to get paid for work I did over the past weekend. Nursa keeps pushing my payday up. From the 12th of February until now the 21st. It seems to me I'm not the only one they haven't paid.

This keeps happening time and time again and is very disheartening, when you have bills to pay,  and mouths to feed. Quite frankly I think they should be investigated.

I have contacted the Federal Labor Board regarding this matter. They are looking into it. I have included the files that show the payment with no logical explanation as to why they keep changing the paydate. 

I also sent these copies to the Federal Labor Board, Utah office.

Screenshot_20240214_001317_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240214_001224_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240214_001152_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240214_001005_Nursa.jpg

Thank you for taking care of that for me. I had to cancel my shift last Saturday at Crestmoor because I became very ill. In fact, I had to be hospitalized because I contracted Covid. I got put of the hospital yesterday. I discovered today my account is frozen, while I was in hospital, as if I had called off irresponsibly. I have all my paperwork if you need to see it. My absence is legitimate. Now would it have been better to go to work spreading Covid? I'm being punished as if I did something wrong.

Hello. I am a bit confused on how the Insta pay works so I have to work three shifts in one pay period so that I can get instant pay on the fourth day or is it once I work three shifts I am eligible for instant pay I can start getting instapay