Being Canceled

Alix

Question

I drove two hours to a shift tonight only to find out that the facility had “forgotten” to cancel me. I contacted Nursa and the only compensation they offer is $75?! I know it’s not Nursa’s fault but they should offer more protection for their nurses in these situations. $75 is nothing compared to what I thought I would be making tonight. Not only that but now the other jobs I could have requested have been filled. I know that if we no show or late cancel a shift there are repercussions but what about the facility? What happens to them for completely wasting my time? 

• Comfort 2

1 answer to this question

So sorry this was your experience @Alix! I will send this to our local area managers to address this with the facility. I know you worked to make yourself available for the facility's needs and did not feel like the consideration was returned. What do you feel is a reasonable time limit to be notified about a facility cancelation? Granted facility users are marking if a shift is still needed to be worked or not.