Feedback Thread: Cancellation Policy

Share your insights! We're exploring ways to enhance our current cancellation policies, making them more flexible for you. If you've canceled a shift before, your feedback matters. Feel free to share your story and thoughts on cancellations by facility. Your responses can be anonymous.

Note that we're separately working on strategies to minimize facility cancellations, but for now, let's focus on your experiences as clinicians.

Drop your feedback below! 

On 2/21/2024 at 2:07 PM, Krishna Floisand said:

Share your insights! We're exploring ways to enhance our current cancellation policies, making them more flexible for you. If you've canceled a shift before, your feedback matters. Feel free to share your story and thoughts on cancellations by facility. Your responses can be anonymous.

Note that we're separately working on strategies to minimize facility cancellations, but for now, let's focus on your experiences as clinicians.

Drop your feedback below! 

It’s unfair honestly! Facilities are constantly cancelling within hours, one within 40 minutes I was driving there and there’s a measly $75 fee to them. We get a ban if we do it even though the shifts get immediately picked up. We should only get penalized if the shift isn’t filled, or it’s a last minute cancellation on our end for no reason (we are allowed to have emergencies and be sick without worrying about a pay check). Sandstone in Utah is the WORST for cancelling last minute and y’all just allow it time and time again. But if I cancel or ask to be removed so I can book more reliable facilities I’m penalized. It’s not fair. 

• Like 1

My first two approved shifts were at the same facility (Sandstone Millcreek) starting at 6am. I even went to the facility the day before to prep a bit. I called the scheduler when no one knew I was coming the next day. She said they'd send me a password and login by email. They didn't. The first shift was cancelled 2 hours before. The second was cancelled 5 hours before. The only explanation was, "sorry." A nurse sure isn't allowed to behave that way. Sandstone seems like a big place with compartmentalized, detached management. A spacy on sight manager referred me to the scheduler who was in California to confirm my Nursa shift, but then also asked me to train a new grad nurse that day, unscheduled. I was frankly relieved I was cancelled on both times, but what a waste of my time.

• Comfort 1