Things I need from Nursa

Kieran  Donahue

Question

1.  An accurate understanding of pay rates and when the highest rate is available on a shift.

2.  Proper filtering to select shifts in my state.

3.  Can an RN do CNA work?  I think so.

4.  Text message notifications when facilities post shifts that I prefer.

5.  A history of shifts that have been posted and taken.

6.  Scheduling for an entire week at a facility if they choose to post like that.

I'll think of more, but this is a start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 answers to this question

Great questions @skyegirl!!

1.  This is a tough question! The app algorithm takes into account many factors such as area averages, license type, urgency, etc.) and as such we can't pinpoint the exact moment that the highest rate will be available since the job could be scheduled by any clinician before the rate would change. Enabling SOS shifts as @Kate Olsen has mentioned will notify you of very urgent shifts that will most likely be at the highest rate available. The app determines prices and the longer you wait the greater the risk of you not being selected to fill the shift since facilities come to us to urgently fill shifts, they usually select the first nurse that meets requirements for the shift.

2.  There was a recent update to the app the using location services to show you shifts near you. Make sure they are enabled when using the app to show the most accurate shifts! If you are not being shown appropriate shifts, reach out to our support team at 801-695-9609.

3.  Yes and RN is able to fill a CNA shift. You can look at CNA jobs and it will be up to the facility to accept your request. As a note you will work as a CNA and receive CNA pay. You can always communicate with facility for expectations. 

4.  Like being able to "subscribe" to a specific facility and be notified when they post shifts? That is a great feature idea. I will take this to the product team!!

5.  You can see past shifts in your wallet of each shift paid out, but if you are needing a more detailed list of your worked shifts you can contact support and they can get you a list of the shift details of your worked shifts!

6.  Interesting! You can filter by facility and date range to see the  shifts posted for a week. No guarantee on how they will fill it, but seeing your name for each shift request could increase your odds of getting selected for more shifts for a desired facility a given week! 

These are great questions, keep them coming! 🙂 

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 3:35 PM, Montana said:

Hey! So I think in order to have the SOS option triggered, you have to complete at least one shift and have a 70% or better reliability rating.  I found the info here if that helps! 

Should be good on both of those.  I don't know the answer, but I don't think facilities ever use that SOS feature if its optional.

• Thanks 1

@supertrucker Hi there. Facilities don't actually trigger or choose SOS notifications -- they're automatically triggered when a shift is canceled within 24 hours of its start time and sent to clinicians within a specific radius of that facility. It sounds like you meet the qualifications for SOS shifts, but I would recommend making sure that your notifications and location services are enabled on your device as well. Further, I'll take this information and escalate it with my product team to see if there's anything we can identify and address.

21 hours ago, Melanie said:

@supertrucker Hi there. Facilities don't actually trigger or choose SOS notifications -- they're automatically triggered when a shift is canceled within 24 hours of its start time and sent to clinicians within a specific radius of that facility. It sounds like you meet the qualifications for SOS shifts, but I would recommend making sure that your notifications and location services are enabled on your device as well. Further, I'll take this information and escalate it with my product team to see if there's anything we can identify and address.

If that is the case then I may be too far from the facility.  I'm in rural Oklahoma and things are sometimes 60 miles away or more.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2022 at 9:12 PM, Kieran Donahue said:

Ability to cancel shifts without being banned for 2 weeks.  Shifts are being snatched up so fast it shouldn't matter if you cancel a few days ahead of time.

@Kieran Donahue I have copied this to the ideas discussion to track the progress of this discussion and so others can give their opinions as well. You can view it and add to the issue here!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 12:39 PM, Krishna Floisand said:

@Kieran Donahue I have copied this to the ideas discussion to track the progress of this discussion and so others can give their opinions as well. You can view it and add to the issue here!

My two week ban is finally up!  Now that its up there are no shifts available.  Go figure.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 12:55 PM, Mornique Dicey said:

Keep your eyes peeled for those last minute urgent and S.O.S postings! The weekend is approaching, that typically when they come out the most I've noticed in my area. 

I wish Nursa would start recruiting these LTAC/Specialty hospitals.  Some are nationwide, but the rates are pretty good on other platforms.  Some names are like KPC Promise, Pam/Curahealth, AMG Specialty, Select Specialty, Inspire Speciality, Cornerstone Specialty, etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kieran Donahue said:

I wish Nursa would start recruiting these LTAC/Specialty hospitals.  Some are nationwide, but the rates are pretty good on other platforms.  Some names are like KPC Promise, Pam/Curahealth, AMG Specialty, Select Specialty, Inspire Speciality, Cornerstone Specialty, etc.

All platforms have their pros and cons. Like @Krishna Floisand said you can leave suggestions on facilities. But when you go into work on other platforms or in the area you should pitch the idea to D.O.N's and give them nursa contact information so they can see if Nursa would be a good fit for them! I think you're doing a great job giving us feed back and suggestions.

(I am not a support worker, I just enjoy being involved and helping. I hope I've helped a tad.)

• Like 1