How do you feel about workers who take psych meds?

sebastian scott

Question

Mental health and healthcare professionals: 

Mental health is just as important for healthcare workers as anyone else. Taking medication can be a vital part of managing conditions like anxiety or depression. There's no shame in seeking help! What’s your perspective on mental health treatment in the healthcare field?

• Insightful 1

2 answers to this question

I think the conversation around mental health in nursing and healthcare professionals is evolving, but there's still a long way to go. The growing number of healthcare workers who are taking psych meds highlights the urgent need for systemic changes within healthcare and, indeed, in society. We should encourage open discussions about mental health and ensure that those who seek help are supported rather than judged.

• Comfort 1

On 10/4/2024 at 5:25 PM, Crystal Baker Shoaie said:

I think the conversation around mental health in nursing and healthcare professionals is evolving, but there's still a long way to go. The growing number of healthcare workers who are taking psych meds highlights the urgent need for systemic changes within healthcare and, indeed, in society. We should encourage open discussions about mental health and ensure that those who seek help are supported rather than judged.

I totally agree! Let's speak up! Mental health is so important and some people still think it should be a taboo!