Some Great Side Hustles for Nurses

Jenna Nurse

Question

8 answers to this question

Many nurses I have known over the years decided to take a full time staff job, and the per diem job was their side hustle, but if advancement in nursing to management or academia are career goals,  getting on staff is a requirement to hone certain skill-sets that are required for advancing your nursing career.

• Like 1
  • Celebrate 1

On 9/28/2024 at 7:29 AM, Nenad Ivanovic said:

I heard about many nurses who turned their hobbies into some income via Etsy. I'm pretty sure about artsy credential badges, I saw even scrubs in some art form, but not limited to nursing only

Before I became a nurse, I used to make patchwork clothes, and it came out to be higher or the same as what I earned when I became a nurse! That was before Etsy but I have sold a lot of clothing at events and on ebay! PRN nursing is great for those with an entrepreneurial mindset.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dorlah Lawrence said:

Many nurses I have known over the years decided to take a full time staff job, and the per diem job was their side hustle, but if advancement in nursing to management or academia are career goals,  getting on staff is a requirement to hone certain skill-sets that are required for advancing your nursing career.

That is a great view Dorlah! Full-time job + per diem shifts = seams like an ideal combination. Both for financials and gaining experience. 

• Like 1