Jump to content
  • Can I Work in Other States if I Have a Compact and Multi-State License?

    • Last Updated:

    As an LPN and an RN with a compact or multi-state license, you can work in states outside of your initial licensed state as long as that state is part of the Nursa Licensure Compact (NLC).

    However, if you move to a new state and your nursing license expires, you will need to renew the license in your new permanent state. For further clarification on renewal, transfers, and other application processes for compact and non-compact states, please visit the national NLC website.

    The NLC provides a helpful map that shows which states fall within the NLC Jurisdiction and Status.

    Was it helpful?



    Recommended Comments

    There are no comments to display.

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • ☎️  Contact us

    Having trouble? Reach out to support@nursa.com or call 801-695-9609 and our Support Team will help.

  • Create New...